Stories and Poems from John Henderson
You can contact John here
Stories from John’s upbringing in Scotland
- About Me
Learn a bit about John Henderson.
- Falkirk to Banknock (Hollandbush) – August 1944
Setting the scene for his stories.
- Banknock 1944-1949
- Cambusbarron 1949-55
- The Kerr Family of Coachmen and the Lords
- James Anderson Kerr
- Private James A. Kerr, DCM – The Sequel
- Recounting Blessings
- John’s 1000 pts for Jordanhill RFC – ‘The Boot’ Remembers
- Scottish Weekend in Winnipeg
- Great Founders of Falkirk and Glasgow
Maclarens and Telfers from 1775 By John Henderson from his own Telfer Archives and the Maclaren Archives.
- Pilgrimage to Iona Abbey from Kilsyth
- 25 years of Village Cricket, 1983-2008, in Gargunnock, Stirling Scotland
- The Genealogical Challenge of Tracing ‘nth’ Cousins
- Centurion’ Christian (Lambert) BRUCE
- A Cairngorm Diary
- Henderson, James Nicoll Kerr
- Henderson Family
- John’s Memoirs, Poetry and Lyrics
- John’s Scottish Sing-Along
- Tribute: Listen to some less well-known songs and a poem by Harry Lauder
- Tribute: George Burnett Cormack And Irene Stewart (Sharp) Cormack – ‘A Scottish Musical Twosome’
- Tribute to John’s Favourite Fiddler – Angus Fitchet
- Alex Atterson
- Thistles And Ferns
The Memoirs of Bob Walker of Waipukurau, New Zealand.
- Telfer Family Calico From 1795 To 1850
- William Henderson MacLeod (1925-2010)
By John Henderson
- Kindly Tenants
Other Works by John
Electric Scotland would like to acknowledge the great help John has given to us by providing many historical books and articles for our visitors to enjoy. This has greatly contributed to our store of knowledge on many aspects of Scottish history and literature.
We have learned that John died on the 4th of April 2017 from a brain tumour.